University of Southampton
09 July - 11 July, 2018
Southampton, United Kingdom
The Conference Registration Desk will be located in the main conference foyer of the Nuffield Southampton Theatre (NST), and will open at 9am on Monday 09th July 2018. We will endeavour to staff the desk throughout the entire conference, therefore please direct any questions you have to that point.
The following schedule has been set:
There are two services you can use for internet connection:
1. If you are an “eduroam” user in your university, you can use this service here in Southampton University as well. Please ensure you log in with your university username followed by “@soton.ac.uk”, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you log in, you can use this service as you use it in your university. Please refer here for more details about eduroam.
2. The Cloud provides a free Wifi to all conference delegates. There is no need for passwords
Instructions to connect to The Cloud for mobiles are as follows:
• Check your wifi is on
• Select The Cloud from the available network list
• Open browser, hit refresh and follow the on-screen instructions to register on log-on
• For auto connection next time, download our FastConnect App for iOS and Android
Instructions to connect to The Cloud for laptops are the same. You open up the available networks, click on The Cloud and then follow the on screen instructions for registration or log-in.
Limited FREE car park permits are available on Highfield Campus. Please collect your permits from the conference registration desk in Nuffield Southampton Theatre. You may park your car in the south of Building 45 or in Hampton Car park.
Limited FREE car park permits are available for the guests staying in Glen Eyre Halls. Please contact the accommodation reception to find out how to get the parking permit.
People who are staying in the university accommodation (Glen Eyre Halls) during the conference, need to report to the main reception (24-hour-reception) at the following address on their arrival:
Glen Eyre Road
Tel: 023 8059 5975
The accommodation is a few minutes’ walk from the main reception. However if you have heavy luggage, you may want to keep your taxi to take you to the building where your room is after you register with the reception.
If you are a user of Twitter, please follow @miua2018. There will be ongoing conversations throughout the conference, please use #miua2018.
The conference delegate fee includes coffee/tea and lunch on 09th-11th July. It also includes the conference dinner on Tuesday 10th July.
Date: 10 July 2018
Time: 08.00pm (Drinks reception starts from 7.00pm)
Venue: Hartley Suite (Building 38)